Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving FHE

I've actually been wanting to post this for a week now. Last Mon. we had a Family Home Evening that actually went really well. (Usually the boys run around and it seems like they don't listen to a thing). We had a short lesson about gratitude and they did pretty good listening. Then we went upstairs to make paper turkeys. I don't know why but Caden has been kind of obsessed about turkeys this year prepping up to Thanksgiving. We colored our paper turkeys and wrote on each feather something we are thankful for. Caden usually colors for 20 seconds and is off. But he was totally into it, he even colored two of them.

I asked Caden what he was thankful for to write it on his feathers. His first answer: the church. I was so surprised, I hadn't even prompted him for that one. Then he said some things that were more like I was expecting: turkeys, crocodiles, and his good buddy Isabel. Fun stuff, what a 3 year old boy is thankful for. Then we hung them in the living room window. We even had to go outside to check out how they looked. Can I just say holidays are so much more fun with kids!

2 comments:

-morgan said...

Hey, it's Morgan, I didn't know you had your own blog until Britt told me. That's so fun, I think you do a fairly thorough job too. I will keep an eye on this.

6Jewels said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! Isn't it nice to know that they really do listen and learn?