Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Stormy Camping Trip

We went on our traditional camping trip to bear lake over labor day weekend.
It was super stormy.  Here is a picture of our church back home.  While we were gone there was a huge mud slide in Saratoga Springs that completely filled some homes' basements with mud.  They canceled church so everyone could go help dig them out.


It was also stormy up at Bear Lake.  We woke up to a damp morning on Sat.


Lana enjoying having the umbrella.


All the kids watching a movie on the ipad while we waited for a shower to pass by.


Sat. was stormy so we spent the day in Logan going to a movie and fun center.  When we got back to camp at about 8:30 that night we found our tent upside down with all of our stuff in it.  It was hard to tell in the dark and we thought the tent was broken and everything soaked.  After some dinner we decided to stay.  Brans, Torv, and I squeezed into G&G's RV and the rest of the kids in Aunt Britty's tent trailer.

Sunday dawned cool but sunny!  We went to church, played games, and walked down to the lake.
Branson lost at scum and I won so I got to pick a dance for him to do.  I chose a pole dance.


Torv warming up in Grandma and Grandpa's RV.


The beautiful but very chilly lake.  We did make it out on the boat Monday.  Only a few were brave enough to get in the cold water.

Here's to hoping next year is a little warmer and a little less wet!

2 comments:

Cassia said...

Oh my gosh!! I am laughing out loud about Brans' pole dance!!! That's awesome!!

Brittany said...

I was so glad you guys stayed...the trip would not have been any fun without you and your cute little family! So glad you guys are around so that our kids can grow up best buddies!