Here's the rest of Halloween. Can I just say: BEST HALLOWEEN EVER ! It was so fun. I think it's because Caden is old enough now to REALLY get it. Both boys were totally excited forever, but Caden really understood what the whole trick or treating was about and didn't get too spooked. The other nice thing was that Halloween was on a Sat. and we didn't have to go anywhere all day.
We started festivities the day before. We had a little Mommy & Me Halloween party for the neighborhood kids and moms. Olya cohosted it with me, which was so nice! We had halloween activity books, decorating cupcakes, a pumpkin pinata (side note: if making a piñata start at least 3 days before the party, our's was a little soggy), and ghosty craft. I think everyone had a good time.
The invitations:
A happy and almost full of sugar Batman (Caden).
My sweet little Brecky refused to let me paint his face or wear his ears or tail. He also enjoyed decorating a pumpkin. (Or at least eating a mountain of the decorations).
Some of the kids waiting in line to hit the piñata.

Saturday morning Brans went off to football like every Saturday. The boys were so good playing together and coloring in their halloween books while I did the dishes. When Brans got back I got to go on a jog and it was a gorgeous day.
The girls across the street threw a little party that afternoon. I went to drop the boys off and was totally the hesitant to leave, nervous mommy. I've never really just dropped Brecken off before. They had a blast though.
Dinner was a spooky ghoul. I got this idea from a friends blog. Cute, easy to make, and something the kids will actually eat before heading out to trick or treat and stuff themselves with sugar.
My adorable little guys getting ready for trick or treating.
Branson stayed home with Lana and passed out Candy. He really loved the fake blood we got this year.
This is Frank. He's been our friend that hangs out on the front porch for the past few weeks. The boys loved him.
Me getting friendly with Frank.
The Haul:
It's so fun to watch kids with their halloween candy. Brecky took an accurate inventory of each piece before eating any. Caden just dived right in.
Lana actually napped through the whole festivities. I had to dress her up Sun. morning to get these pics. The cutest little ghosty I've ever seen.
Wow, check out those cheeks. So edible.
2 comments:
that party is a great idea. how fun! last night, henry told me "i have a friend named kaden. he lives in eagle mountain." i told him that's right, that we'd have to call kaden soon and go play with him. henry asked "and go back to eagle mountain to live?" so when things are a little calmer here, we'll be calling you for a play date!
For sure a way cute ghost! And next year, I call dibs on Frank!! If I had known he was available I would have snatched him in the beginning!!!
Post a Comment