Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What I've Been Up to This Past Month and a Half

A month and a half ago I had a big and wonderful change in my life. I got called to be the Young Women's President in our ward. Two weeks later Branson got called to be the 1st Councilor in the Bishopric.

Things have gotten very busy and a little crazy for me but I LOVE IT! I love the opportunity to know and learn so much from the Young Women in our ward. They are amazing. They are shining beacons of what is good and right. I know their examples are changing our world to a better place and I am so happy to be a part of that.

The first weekend after being called I had the luck to be able to attend a Medallion Dinner put on by the stake. It is a recognition night for girls and leaders who have completed the Personal Progress Program. I was so proud of our two girls who had completed theirs.

Just last weekend I had the opportunity to serve with the youth at the cannery. We had a great time. Just for the record, my fun lovin' hubby started the flour war!
That was a mouth full of flour, yuck!

Then on Saturday evening we had the privilege to attend the Young Women's General Conference in Salt Lake City.
We were all sitting in our seats chatting and waiting for it to start when suddenly everybody stood. We stood also and looked down to see a Prophet of God walk across the stage and take his seat. I felt the Holy Ghost bear a strong witness that President Monson is in reality a Prophet, that he loves us and will lead us in righteousness. I am so thankful I could attend the meeting and hear such wonderful messages!

All I can say is:
Young Women's Rocks!

No comments: