Monday, October 20, 2008

Sweet Success!

Brans and I have been trying to go to the temple for way over a month now. Back in Sept I had arranged for a babysitter a few days before and Branson had a trial that Fri. He is usually done with trials by 6pm so I thought we'd be ok. He called me at about 5 and said they hadn't even done their closing arguments yet. So I had to call the babysitter and cancel. Brans didn't get home til 11pm- crazy.

I set up the babysitter for the next Fri. On Thurs she came over and said she couldn't sit because they just found out her Grandma had cancer. I think it was about two weeks later we got the babysitter again. We were getting ready and I asked Brans where our temple bags were cause I had seen them in a while. We remembered that they were in his boss' car. The last time we went to the temple was for our anniversary in Aug and we were using his boss' car while his boss was out of town. We figured that was ok we could still go and just rent clothes. Then Brans asked me where my recommend was. Oh drat, in my bag. So we went on a date that night but not to the temple.

Our new goal- make it to ward temple night for Oct. That was last Friday. We got dressed, boys fed, and were ready to go before the babysitter was even supposed to be there. Then we waited, and waited. I finally called when the babysitter was fifteen minutes late. She just was confused and thought she was supposed to come a half hour later. Luckily she ran over and we were able to make it to the temple with time to spare. Yay, it was so great to finally make it!

No comments: