Friday, February 6, 2009

A McQueen Birthday Party

Last Sat. we had Caden's first ever friend birthday party. He was so excited to invite all his little buddies and give them their McQueen party invitations. The pictures are in reverser order but that's ok.
Caden was opening presents. I love how all the kids are so excited and as close as they can get. They loved the party hats too and kept them on the entire time:

All the kids were eating their cake and icecream on their Lightning McQueen plates. We looked over and Brecken's plate was gone. He just had a hunk of cake in his little fist and was thoroughly enjoying it:

Here's the cute 4 yr old birthday boy. I'm still wondering when he'll actually use silverware:


Here's the whole gang:

This was pin the number 95 on Lightning McQueen. All the kids are pointing to their own number. It was an interesting game with such little people- about half of them peeked from under the blindfold:

Everyone joined in to help spin the other kids. Here they are spinning Brecken:

Caden the birthday boy was first up:

Our first game of the party was balloon volleyball (aka- everyone has their own balloon and just goes crazy bapping it around):

Aren't they adorable?

I was really please with how the cakes turned out. I was a bit nervous to try this since I've never made a three-D cake like this before. I baked the mix in bread loaf pans then froze them. Then I carved the basic shape out of the loaf with a knife and decorated with frosting. The Lightning cake turned out a bit better than the Sally:

I tried to keep the party real simple. I think the kids loved it, at least Caden did and that's what matters since he was the Birthday boy. Thanks to everyone that came and for the fun presents. Caden loved them all!

3 comments:

Daniel and Tiffany Ward said...

Happy Birthday Caden!! Sounds like you guys had a great party and your cakes are adorable.

Britt's Blog said...

Wow Leah...the cakes turned out SOOOOO great! I thought you must have had my mom do them! You are a rock star cake decorator!

6Jewels said...

Love the cakes! Want to do a HSM cake for me?jk Happy belated birthday Caden:)