I just registered for my first triathlon. No turning back now (especially after paying $75). I'm so excited though. The triathlon I blogged about back in Dec. was sold out in two days so I missed that boat. I found one that is in Riverton on June 12th, and is all the same distances. Here are the details. If you want to do it too you can still sign up. The more the merrier!
Race Details
| Events: | |
| : Swim 300 yards, Bike 11.6 miles, Run 3.1 miles |
|
|---|
| Race Date: | Saturday, June 12, 2010 |
|---|
| Start Time: | 7am--Adults 9am (approx.)--Kids |
|---|
| Location: | South County Pool |
|---|
| Address: | 12765 South 1125 West |
|---|
| City: | Riverton |
|---|
| State/Terr: | Utah |
|---|
| Zip: | 84065 |
|---|
| Country: | USA |
|---|
| E-Mail: | stevea@desert-sharks.com |
|---|
| USAT: | Pending Sanction |
|---|
|
|
| Race Website: | http://www.desert-sharks.com/shark_attack |
|---|
| Description: | 2010 Desert Sharks Shark Attack Triathlon:The Desert Sharks are proud to present the Shark Attack Triathlon.The Shark Attack Triathlon features a fun, family-friendly atmosphere. The Shark Attack will focus on the thrill of completing a triathlon, whether it is your first or fiftieth.The race is designed for the novice and intermediate triathlete, but offers a great early season warm-up, brick session, or friendly competition between groups of experienced triathlete friends.Electronic timing will be provided.Participants will be ranked by finishing time and the top finishers in each age-group will be recognized at a post-race ceremony.The Shark Attack is the perfect place to experience the tradition of triathlon. |
|---|
| Course Info: | Tiger Shark Race - Adult Short Course Race (Swim 300yd, Bike 11.6 miles, Run 5K) - Teams allowed
Cub Sharks Race - TriKids Race (Swim 100 yd, Bike 5 miles, Run 1.2 Miles) – Teams allowed
**Swim takes place in a 5 lane 50 yard pool. Swimmers will have their start staggered approximately every 10 seconds. Swimmers will be lined up according to estimated swim time.
**Teams – Each team member must sign up individually. When signing up as a team on Active.com, each team member must enter the same team name.
More course information is available at desert-sharks.com |
|---|
1 comment:
Awesome Leah! Really, good for you! Maybe next year I'll join you. I can barely do 30 minutes on my elliptical right now. Pathetic, oh well. It's for a good cause. That's what I tell my self as every delicious spoonful of ice cream slides past my lips and goes straight to my hips.
Post a Comment