I think I learned a few things from this experience:
1. I either needed to have more adults to supervise or invite less kids
2. Kids this young are not quite ready for games that involve prizes- they get so caught up in wanting a prize that they no longer care about the game
3. Keeping it to only an hour and a half was perfect
That being said, it was crazy and it was fun! I know Caden had a good time, he told me like 10 times already. I hope the rest of the kids had just as good a time. Caden helped me create a guest list, we came up with 13 kids. Yipes, I just didn't have the heart to exclude anyone so we invited them all, and to my surprise (since I wrote the wrong date, oops, it was supposed to be Jan. 30th) all but one of the kids showed up. That means including my own 2 little guys we had 14 energetic little people at this party.

We played two games. The first was like a cake walk, only it was walking on spider webs. The second one was like hot potato, only hot spider. Allie is holding the spider in this picture:
Next up we had cake, ice cream, and root beer. We really had to scrounge to find enough seating for all the kids. We had 6 chairs, 3 folding chairs, 2 stools, 1 piano bench, and 1 joy school box and one boy chose to just stand.
Caden went to a friends' party earlier this year that was all princesses. He's not such a big fan of princess stuff. So he tried really hard to make his party fun for both genders. He insisted he have spiderman on one side of the cake and a girl on the other. I was a little intimidated about making a frosting Mary Jane but I think she turned out at least recognizable.
I missed seeing the opening of the presents (nursing the baby) but I could definitely hear the opening of the presents. Branson supervised and I heard a lot of, scoot back guys and who is this present from? with silence following. So, thank you everyone for the awesome presents! We aren't quite sure which are from who but Caden loves them all.
Last, it was time for the Power Wheels Rally! Caden was most excited for this part. He envisioned a race with everyone receiving a medal but it was more like a demolition derby or bumper cars. They definitely had a blast. We ended up with 6 different Power Wheels.
This was a 4 car pile up:
After all the kids had gone home we dug out all the presents from the mess of tissue paper and wrapping paper and Caden spent a few hours playing with all of them.
Lana had a great time watching the chaos.
Thanks again to everyone who came, and a big thanks to Branson for keeping it from turning into real chaos.
4 comments:
WOW! You are a great Mom!
Happy Birthday Caden! It looks like you had a grand party!
Grandpa
Wow 13 kids. You are very brave. I remember Kaisa's first party and inviting 12 kids and two hours long. I was beyond worn out afterwards. After that I decided 1 to 1 1/2 hours is plenty and 7 kids tops. But your party looked like it turned out awesome. I hope you were able to vegge out afterwards.
By the way, awesome cake decorating. This is not a skill I possess, maybe you could teach me someday. You are very talented in so many ways.
Post a Comment