The 4th was our last day of vacation before the long trek home. We just kind of bummed around the beach house for most of the day, enjoying the laziness of it all. We finally made it to the walk up burger and shake stand and got some ice cream that afternoon. Grandpa bought a load of fireworks for us all to revel in (thanks).
We waited til it was dark and then went out to the beach house's "backyard". It was a strange and eery night. The fog rolled in thick and heavy. At first it was hard to tell if it was smoke from all the fireworks. There were fireworks going of all around us and down on the beach. Little Pacific Beach had been practically deserted all week and then came to life on the weekend. Every little vacation home was filled and the yards even had tents up in them to cram more people in.
Brecken and I enjoyed snuggling and watching everyone else play. For a little while, then he was more than insistent that he wanted to go inside, the smoke was getting in his eyes. So I took him in and Lana woke up. I sat and watched fireworks through the glass doors.
1 comment:
How terrible that you were in the house watching from the glass. You are such a good mom! You deserve an award. Sorry I wasn't more observant, I would have helped out. But you're right...it was an awesome trip!
Post a Comment