Friday, July 17, 2009

Monday of WA Trip - A Day at the Beach

Our first day playing on the beach. Hooray! We were so excited to get out and play. A little note to those of you who haven't visited the WA or OR coasts: this is not the kind of beach where you put on your swimsuit and layout to get a tan then jump in the water and play in the waves. It's a tad bit colder than that. This is the kind of beach where you wear a jacket (or ski coat) and tentatively dip your toes in the waters edge whereupon getting wet you scream and jump back five feet because it is soo cold. Even being cool, it is a lot of fun to hang out on the beach, watch the waves, fly a kite and get good and sandy.

Here are the boys testing out the water. They weren't too squeamish about how cold it was, but they didn't get wet above the knees either.

Here I am with Lana. She wasn't too big a fan of how windy, cold, and bright it was but she lasted for a little while.

Daddy tossing the football in the background.

This is Caden, Aunt Sally, and Indi the dog. The three of them had so much fun playing fetch in the waves. Just today Caden was telling his little friend Tasia about Indie the "Greatest Dog in the World". He told her about this game he would play with the dog where he would throw a ball and the dog would get it and bring it back to him (amazing). He then asked her if she would like to play with Indie. She turned to her mom and said, "Mom can I play with his dog?" (It's not our dog- it's Aunt Sally's). I guess Caden is pretty taken with this dog.

I love this picture because both dog and boy look super excited to run after the stick.
Everyday is windy on the WA coast but this day was crazy windy. I wanted to sit down with the baby but the sand was whipping around like crazy and if I sat down it would get in our eyes and mouths. Grandpa bought an awesome trick kite to play with at the beach. Here he is trying it out. Uncle Moe is playing with Lana (he's single ladies!).

Lana squinting in the sunlight:

Brecken had a great time until he told me, "Mom, I'm freezing let's go inside."

Here's a chunk of the gang. Everyone was watching Dillon and Jonny fly their box kite.
Here is Dillon (the little guy), Jonny, Sally, Caden, Brittany, and Tyrell:

Here are two cousins flying a kite together. CUTE!

A family portrait: Sally, Gage (he's the bun in the oven), Indie the doggy, and Ty.

An action shot:

Brecken was about tuckered out. Grandpa took pity and held him while watching the kites flying.

Here is Uncle Moe flying the kite. The wind was so strong that the kite was dragging these guys a good 6-8 feet down the beach with every big gust.


I think Caden got worn out. This is how we found him sleeping that night:

1 comment:

Britt's Blog said...

We loved the trip so much! I am in the process of proposing the trip to Jonny's family for next summer! I can't wait to go back again! I loved the picture with Cade and Dil flying the kite!