The trip begins. Brans & I packed up everything and loaded the car Friday night. Sat. morning I got up to feed Lana at5:15am and then just stayed up for the day. We woke the boys up at 6:20 am and loaded them into the car in their jammies. We had to have a few stops throughout the day (stop at Branson's office to pick up some files- and a long stop in the Dalles OR to take care of a constipated baby).
We had a fun road trip although towards the end we were longing for it to be over. Here are some pictures of one way we amused ourselves in the car:
The kids really did great considering we left home at 6:20 am Sat. and didn't get in to Pacific Beach until 12:30 am Sunday morning. Definitely a long day. The last hour I was supposed to be keeping Branson awake while he drove but I kept dozing off and saying things that made no sense at all!
Sunday morning we tried to catch up on sleep a little, bathed the boys, and headed off to church. I think when our group arrived we doubled the number of people in the congregation. It was a small branch and we had 12 adults, 3 kids, and 1 baby in our group. I'm pretty sure we had the most young kids, it was so quiet there. Our ward at home has so many kids you can hardly distinguish your own kids noise from the general assembly's.
We took a nice drive down the coast and then back to the beach house for Karie's amazing sweet pork burritos. Sunday was nice and relaxing.
No comments:
Post a Comment