Friday, May 14, 2010

Cabela's Field Trip and Thanksgiving Point Gardens

This was yet another outing we hauled Nana on. The field trip was great. We had a tour guide and she would tell the kids about all the different animals. These are all our Joy School kids this year: Tasia, Caden, Natalie, Noah, and Brecken (he wasn't official- just participated when it was at our house).
The kids are passing around a hunk of wood that a beaver had chewed on, very cool. They also did a bunch of animal calls for us too.
After the tour was over they gave us a bunch of tokens for the shooting range. I didn't even know this was in the store, it's kind of hidden in the back of the second floor. The boys loved it even though the guns were big and heavy and they didn't actually hit any of the targets.

Caden taking it easy.
I was feeling so good about my parenting skills and that I have such good kids. They stuck right with me at the zoo the day before and didn't wander off at all. Pride cometh before a fall right... we lost Brecken while at the register at the end of the field trip. It was a short fall luckily, he was just waiting for us at the doors.

After Cabela's we went across the highway to Thanksgiving Point for a picnic and pictures. The weather was supposed to be super warm so we all dressed summerish and I didn't bring any jackets. It was cold and really windy but we decided to stick it out. Luckily once we were inside the gardens the wind wasn't too bad and it warmed up quite a bit.

I forgot the stroller, so I decided to rent one. I payed the people and then went out back to pick it up. No strollers! They were all gone so I went back in and they confirmed that yup they were out and asked if I wanted a refund. I just really needed something with having to carry Lana and a diaper bag and a picnic lunch. So we ended up taking a wheelchair. I really should have gotten a picture of that one!

At the end was the children's gardens. Lana had been fussy the whole time because she missed her morning nap and it was getting late for an afternoon one. I set her down in this sand and she was instantly happy. She spent at least half an hour just sitting there digging and would have happily stayed for hours to come.
This is my beautiful mother!
Caden could have spent hours and hours here. He would get a boat, take it up to the top of the little river and watch it race down. He was in little boy heaven!
Next up, the professional pictures by my good buddy Olya. I totally owe her, it was quite the process trying to get my boys to smile (or at least not scowl for a picture).

1 comment:

Krista Neil said...

Cabelas has to be Eric's favorite store, he and the girls love the shooting range :)