I had the wonderful opportunity of going to BYU's Women's Conference. It's such a treat, spiritual fulfillment, a break from the kids, and some party time on the side!
Here we are Thurs morning at our first mini session. The crowds are ridiculous. We booked it from the Marriott Center to the Wilk and didn't make it into the room, luckily they had overflow.
Here's our group (minus my mom she went to a different class): Audra, her mom Penny, Olya, me.

Olya & I, I seriously don't know what I would do living out here without her!

After an intense day of spiritual & secular feasting we were so ready for FOOD. We went over to the Cannon Center Cafeteria for some All You Can Eat!


After eating so much and not having time for a work out I did the next best thing, I took advantage of all the stairs and ran as much as I could while everyone else walked up them.

Yo, Adrian!

Thursday night was the party time. We got free admission to a concert. They had a little bit of just about every kind of music by LDS performers. Here we are being excited like crazed teenagers:

And a nice shot. We definitely got our groove things on. The ladies sitting behind us were quite impressed with Audra's dancing skills. She told them she would be signing autographs outside.

And this is Audra the next morning, poor little girl got all worn out. We nearly split our guts out on the way home Thurs night, everything and anything was funny. I think we had a lot of sugar and stayed up way past our bedtimes.

My mommy and I. I really loved all the time I got to spend with my Mom, such a treat. We got these make and take bags. We crocheted mittens for charity.

This was at the closing session. Elder Oaks spoke and it was incredible. I love hearing the words of the prophets! He basically told us to stop thinking of ourselves and get out and serve. He said when he was first called as an apostle he was telling a Senior apostle how overwhelmed he felt. The senior apostle said to stop worrying about himself and get to work. Such good words to remember- forget yourself and get to work!
We were such a serious bunch, j/k.

Audra just had to get a jumping shot and I have to admit it, it's pretty cool!

Me and the Ma- thanks so much for coming and hanging out with me.
P.S. All the photographs were taken courtesy of Audra- thanks for being the only one smart enough to bring a camera!
1 comment:
You guys look like you had such a fun time, I like to crochet too, so doing that during talks would be right up my alley, lol :)
Post a Comment