Warning:
The reading of this post may cause extreme feelings of Envy and/or Jealousy
Proceed at your own risk.
Mother's Day was pretty awesome this year. I woke up and heard the traditional sounds of the boys in the kitchen making my breakfast. I was a little surprised when Branson came in with the radio and put on Hawaiian music.
A few minutes later the whole crew came in singing "Happy Mother's Day" and carrying breakfast, flowers, a homemade lei and the brochure for my West Family Cruise. You'll have to click on the brochure so you can actually read it. We stuck fairly close to the itinerary.

I just layed in my bed luxuriating for about an hour, and then instead of the bubble bath chose to come downstairs and catch up on some blog posting. In the meantime Branson got dinner in the Crockpot and bathed the kiddos.
Then he went off to his Bishopric meeting. I was a little frazzled by the time I got to church ten minutes late (I'm not used to hauling the crew by myself). When we snuck into the pew he looked at me with such a happy expression my stress just melted away.
After church Branson tucked all the kids in for their naps then he and me munched and talked for a while. I went over to a neighbor's house for a little visit and when I came back dinner was ready and waiting. I think that was one of my favorite parts of the day, it just feels so spoiled to be cooked for.
I requested Branson's famous "Mexican" sweet pork tacos. They were seriously to die for! If you haven't tried it you need to put lime juice on ALL of your mexican food. It is so yummy!
Here is the man who made it all possible:
Following dinner was the cruise entertainment put on by the cruise staff: Brecken, Caden, and Branson with some short intermission performances by Lana.
The final act was my handsome hubby on the soprano saxophone. I really love watching him play, it doesn't happen nearly enough and he is so talented.
Here I am with the people that made this day happen. I must say I really, REALLY love being a mom. I don't think there is anything I could do that would be more rewarding or make me happier than taking care of these little people every day. I'm thankful to be blessed with such a sweet family!
3 comments:
Wow what a romantic Branson is. Leah you deserve every
minute of your pampering. What a cute idea!! We luv ya!! Grandpa and Grandma
How creative!!!
Happy birthday today!!! Fun sharing a birthday with you. I'm so impressed Branson came up with such a great idea :) That's fun!
Post a Comment